The Board of Directors for The Facing Project has approved one new Board member, in addition to appointing the 2023 executive committee.
Aimee Robertson-West, executive director of the Anderson Education Foundation and long-time contributor to The Facing Project as a storyteller, writer, photographer, and organizer, has been appointed to a three-year Board term. In addition, Robertson-West has been approved to join the executive committee as the Board secretary.
Lauren Instenes, marketing and communications manager for Ex Fabula, has begun a one-year role as chair of the Board. Instenes served as a Facing Project organizer in Springfield, Ohio, in 2017, and has served on the Board since 2020.
Tina Rabel, a credit risk professional, has begun her second term as treasurer of the Board, in addition to being appointed vice-chair. Rabel will assume the Board chair position in January 2024. Rabel joined the Board in 2022.
The 2023 Facing Project Board of Directors includes:
- Lauren Instenes, Chair (Milwaukee, WI)
- Tina Rabel, Vice-Chair & Treasurer (Muncie, IN)
- Aimee Robertson-West, Secretary (Muncie, IN)
- A.K. Barnes, Past Chair (Washington, D.C.)
- Kathy Denker, Director (Muncie, IN)
- Peggy Fisher, Director (Muncie, IN)
- Jane Friedman, Director (Cincinnati, OH)
- Lori Kniffin, Director (Hays, KS)
- Shantanu Suman, Director (Muncie, IN)
- J.R. Jamison, Co-Founder & President (staff liaison) (Muncie, IN)
Learn more about the Board and staff at https://facingproject.com/staff-board/.
The Facing Project is a national nonprofit that creates a more understanding and empathetic world through stories that inspire action. We bring people and communities together through acts of empathy that include listening, storytelling, and connecting across differences with the belief that stories are the most powerful tool for change. More at https://facingproject.com/.