The Facing Project Radio Show Kicks Off Season 6 on January 6th
You want it, you got it! Due to popular demand, The Facing Project Radio Show returns for Season 6 in January and will expand to a weekly broadcast during the NPR Saturday afternoon lineup, including three half-hour episodes and a one-hour episode each month.
Upcoming guests for the new season include:
- Award-winning and bestselling authors –
- Leah Johnson (You Should See Me in a Crown and founder of Loudmouth Books)
- Julio Vincent Gambuto (Please Unsubscribe, Thanks!)
- Abdi Nazemian (Like A Love Story; Call Me By Your Name [film, associate producer])
- Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai (The Mountains Sing and Dustchild)
- Samantha Allen (Real Queer America)
- Jim Fielding (All Pride, No Ego)
- Documentary filmmakers –
- Colin Askey with Trey Helten and Sarah Blyth (Love in the Time of Fentanyl)
- Ursula Liang (Two Strikes)
- Sarah Perkins and Josh Sabey with Rev. Anne Fowler and attorney Fran Hogan (Abortion Talks)
- Founders of bridge-building movements –
- Actress Sara Sharpe (The Letters Project)
- Peace activist John Noltner (A Peace of My Mind)
Hosted by Muncie-native J.R. Jamison, The Facing Project Radio Show is a society and culture program that brings topics and themes from previous Facing Projects to listeners around the corner and around the globe. Each episode highlights two to three featured stories and/or long-form interviews all centered on the intersection of storytelling, the arts, and empathy.
The radio show began in 2018 in partnership with Indiana Public Radio as a spin-off of The Facing Project network, a nonprofit whose storytelling model has been used in 20 U.S. states, two countries, and over 100 communities to create a more understanding and empathetic world through stories that inspire action, which Jamison co-founded in 2012 with author Kelsey Timmerman, and where he serves as president of the organization.
In addition to broadcast, The Facing Project Radio Show is available as a podcast on NPR One, iTunes, Spotify, or anywhere podcasts are available. Past seasons and episodes can be found at indianapublicradio.org.
Season 6 of The Facing Project Radio Show premieres on Saturday, January 6th at 3:30 p.m. EST.