A few weeks ago we announced our partnership with 14 state Campus Compacts that will bring the Facing Project model to 70 new campuses/communities across the country. Over the coming weeks we will announce them on our site as the colleges and universities are selected in each state. This week, we are excited to welcome five new North Carolina campuses to The Facing Project through North Carolina Campus Compact:
- Guilford College: Greensboro, North Carolina (Facing Immigration: Refugee Stories)
- University of North Carolina Asheville: Asheville, North Carolina (Facing Affordable Housing)
- University of North Carolina Wilmington: Navassa, North Carolina (Facing Community Change)
- Western Piedmont Community College: Burke County, North Carolina (Facing Immigration)
- Winston-Salem State University: Forsyth County, North Carolina (Facing Health Disparities)
These Facing Projects will bring together community partners, college students, storytellers, writers, artists, volunteers and their broader communities to learn from the first-person stories of their neighbors—and to be inspired by the stories to create new, hyper-local conversations and action.
We will share more details about each of these projects as they roll out over the next year.
If you would like to bring The Facing Project model to your campus/community, check out our Info. Guide and let us know if you’d like to connect.