Now recruiting for Facing Projects in your community!
Bring The Facing Project Model to Your Community
The Facing Project works with colleges, universities, and communities to equip citizens with the tools and resources necessary to organize and share the stories of their neighbors through acts of empathy (listening, writing, storytelling, writing, theatre, and the arts).
Since its founding in 2012, The Facing Project has worked with 75 communities/campuses in 15 states. Past Facing Projects have led to a human trafficking awareness kiosk in the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, enhanced training for state police on Autism Spectrum Disorder, and resources for nonprofit partners.
As a Facing Project community, you will receive:
- The Facing Project Toolkit – The Toolkit is a guide to help campuses/communities plan and launch their Facing Project from A to Z (checklists, sample consent forms, recruitment flyers, etc.)
- Coaching – Each campus/community is assigned a Facing Project Coach.
- Writer Training – Facing Project staff train all of your project writers.
- Editors – Our editing team reviews each project’s stories and provides feedback.
- Website – Each campus/community receives their own website.
- Web Site Training – Training on how to access the site and upload content.
- Fundraising Platform – Use of The Facing Project’s online peer-to-peer fundraising tool that is customized for your project.
If you are on a Campus Compact member campus in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Wyoming, you will receive a 35% discount off of the affiliation fee for the above mentioned services.
To learn more about adopting The Facing Project model for your community, visit facingproject.com/how-to-start-a-facing-project.
Abstracts are due by May 1, 2017, for projects that will begin in fall 2017.
Submit abstracts to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FacingProjectAbstract