Your Next Facing Project
Now that your community has completed a Facing Project, there may be other areas you need to face. We’d love to continue a relationship with you, and we hope you choose a long-term partnership with The Facing Project.
One way to do that is to create an official chapter of The Facing Project at your school. If you are at a nonprofit or part of a local organizing team, you can establish The Facing Project as a part of your organization or council.
As you think about your next Facing Project, the following are a few ideas to consider.
– Single Parenting
– Death (work with hospice to shine a light on a subject that most of us don’t want to think about)
– War (allow vets of multiple generations to share stories of courage and trying to settle back into life)
– Teen Pregnancy
– Coming Out/GLBT Stories
– Immigration (stories of how our immigrant community members came to be our neighbors)
– Refugee (work with local refugee populations)
– Eating Disorders
– Abuse/Violence/Domestic Violence
– Bullying/Cyber Bullying
– Religion (work with faith-based communities to lift mystery of various religions)
– Childhood Obesity
More than anything, continue to change the world . . . one story at a time.