Storyteller Recruitment Sample Letter
Dear [Potential Storyteller],
Would you like to share your story?
I’m excited to tell you that _______ [partner organization] is partnering with the Facing Project to collect stories on the topic of ___________. These stories will be from our clients, a family member of our clients, our staff, and more.
I thought yours would be a good story to share [Insert why you think so here]
If you’re interested, here’s how it works.
- You’ll be matched with a volunteer writer. You’ll meet with them face-to-face to have a conversation where you’ll share your story. This will probably take an hour or two.
- The writer will then write the story as if they are you trying to capture your voice.
- You get to read the story and suggest changes. The story doesn’t get published without your final approval.
- Your story is included with others in a book to be shared across our community to give voice to the amazing folks like you.
- An event and book launch will be held in our community. Some of the stories will be read as monologues.
- That’s it! The stories live on in the books and on the Internet educating and inspiring those who read them.
You can visit our Facing Project page at [enter your site url] for more info.
The Facing Project is a community storytelling project founded in Muncie, Indiana and has spread across the country.
If you’re interested in sharing your story, please email or call me.
Thanks,[Project organizers and contact info]