Week of 4/11/16 – 4/18/16 #iSeeStories question:
WHAT’S THE ONE THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF?
All entries must be in by 8 a.m. ET on Monday the 18th.
Follow the guidelines below.
In 2016, The Facing Project wants to challenge more people to get to know folks in their communities and create conversations that extend across difference. That’s why we’re launching #iSeeStories.
Beginning on January 18th and occurring each week throughout the year, we will post a question on this page and on all of our social media accounts and ask each of you to start a conversation with a neighbor, a stranger, or a friend.
Here’s how it works:
2. You’ll have one week to hit the streets and start a conversation with someone, like this: “I’m participating in a storytelling project called #iSeeStories, can I ask you a question?” (This is important because otherwise they might think you are weird.)
3. Ask the question.
4. Have a conversation.
5. Ask the person if they’re okay with you posting about the encounter on social media.
- A picture of the person with a quote from your conversation. (Think Humans of New York.)
- A quote from you on what you learned from the experience.
- A thought on how your conversation changed your perspective.
7. Tell your friends to take the #iSeeStories Challenge by adding the link to this page at the end of your post.
If you have other ideas for posts, let’s see them — be creative!
Each Monday we’ll select a winner to receive a Facing Project t-shirt, and at the end of March we’ll pick our favorite out of all of the entries to win a Kindle Voyage.